Senior Technical Production Manager
Sixthman is looking for a Senior Technical Production Manager to join our team. This position reports to the VP of Operations and will be responsible for driving strategy of production operations in planning and executing festivals at sea and on land.
Click here to see what we do! https://vimeo.com/396082769/4ac7f5c5ff
The goal is to provide world class experiences for guests and artists, within the company and partner’s vision and budget. Note that a significant portion of this role requires onsite execution at the Company’s festivals, but that a more significant portion of this role’s time will be spent collaborating and communicating internally and externally, during the planning and budgeting phases that occur prior to the events.
Leadership, Strategy, Innovation, Proactive, Creative, Action Oriented, Collaborative
- Lead the development of production strategy by maintaining a close eye on industry standards and opportunities for innovation. Proactively offer choices and alternates as events are being developed, in collaboration with Sixthman Community Ambassadors (aka Warriors)
- Establish event budgets for both existing renewal events and for new potential events in the business development funnel, based on agreed recommendations for the scale of event’s production needs. Note this might require adapting to different venue sizes, different venue types, different venue locations, and different genres.
- Collaborate closely with other Sixthman staff members prior to the events to craft event schedules, including but not limited to Warriors and Sixthman Tour Managers
- Negotiate and secure sound, lights, staging and backline vendors both domestically and internationally with goal of securing high quality vendors while also leveraging purchasing volume for cost effective pricing
- Throughout planning and execution, carefully manage the budgets and maintain clear communication with Finance & Partner Relations
- Identify, engage and lead Production Managers, Stage Managers, Site Manager, Hospitality, Techs, Security and Labor onsite
- Advance all necessary aspects of event with Artist Team, and Cruise Line or Resort and supervise other member(s) of Production to do the same for the events to which they are assigned as Lead
- Mobilize and lead team for onsite execution of multiple stage festivals including overseeing the load-in for all staging and gear and stage builds with a focus on maximizing efficiency and ensuring an on-time departure (for cruises) and on schedule performances for both land and sea events.
- Research prospective new ports of embarkation and resort locations, in collaboration with the Business & Land Development teams, and proactively provide timely recommendations to the overall benefit of the proposed event(s)
- Standardize Production Operations to support seamless communication with Cruise Line(s), Resort(s) and internally with Sixthman teams
- Serve as primary contact to Artist’s Tour Managers for their contracted talent, and supervise the other member(s) of Production to do the same for the events to which they are assigned as Lead
- Prepare and navigate US Customs and International shipping requirements, in collaboration with in-house Logistics and all external entities
- Encourage a connection with the Sixthman team between in-house Production team, on site contractors, and internal Sixthman teams
- Recruit, train, supervise and develop department team members as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with multiple stage music festivals required, with working knowledge of concert venues
- Working knowledge and professional experience with live audio production, including but not limited to FOH/MON engineering, patching, backline, etc.
- Working knowledge of concert lighting and/or concert video production
- Contract negotiation and budget management experience required
- Customs or manifesting experience preferred
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others by clear division of tasks and delegation, and within established milestones
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes or challenges
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Detail oriented with high accuracy
- Computer proficiency including curation and use of centralized data
- Must be in Metro Atlanta Area or willing to relocate
DISCUSSIONS YOU LEAD
Responsible for leading conversations with Tour Managers, Partner Relations, Warriors, Artists, Production, Crew, etc. You also represent Sixthman as the primary contact with Technical Operations at Cruise Lines and Hotels & Resorts, plus external vendors providing technical services such as stage & gear rental, and seasonal personnel such as event security, medical, gear loading, etc. You will be involved in developing new events in new locations, ensuring Production standards continually evolve and improve and that production budgets are accurate.
Since 2001, Sixthman has set the stage for moments that make life rock, serving over 300,000 guests unforgettable vacations on sand and at sea with their favorite artists, athletes, actors, comedians and brands. These carefully curated, intimate events bring non-stop performances, artist collaborations, in depth panels and Q&As, fan-artist activities, museums and overall truly immersive experiences that celebrate community and change expectations of what a vacation can be. Iconic artists served include Jon Bon Jovi, KISS, Kesha and many others across multiple genres. In 2019, Sixthman expanded their festivals at sea to Europe, sailing from Barcelona, Spain to exotic Mediterranean ports and also brought their innovative vacation concept to world class, all-inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic producing 18 total festivals in 2019. In 2020, Sixthman Services was launched to support other event holders with a suite of on-site and virtual event management services. Sixthman is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and is a subsidiary of Norwegian Cruise Line.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel like you would be a great addition to the culture of Sixthman, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Senior Technical Production Manager in the subject line.